We decked the Treehouse in Griffendor colors (that’s Kitten’s House; last year was mine: Ravenclaw blue and silver), and had some great family and friends up for a day or three, drunk an unreasonable amount of alcohol, and watched the boys cruise on Grinder. LOL.
22. Did you fall in love?
I fall more in love w/ my fantastic Owner every year!!! *licks* (…and this is year 8!)
23. Have any one-night stands?
One… w/ a pretty, young girl at our spring Treehouse party. Other stands have been more ongoing than one night. ;-)
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Nothing new. Ma’am and I have been re-watching
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
I never pick one.
Lots of new musical discoveries this year – notably Adel and Gotye. Leonard Cohen came out w/ a new CD, as did Poe and Halestorm (whom we saw live). I’ve always liked Coldplay, but started listening to them a lot more heavily this year, and they are now one of my favorite bands.
28. What did you want and get?
A leather puppy hood
29. What did you want and not get?
A (much more expensive) rubber puppy hood and rubber suit
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Last year’s answer: “Thirty-six. Went to Frolicon, and I got a great tail for my birthday!!! Then I got beat by Loki.”
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I wish I was introduced to the Pirate earlier. He and Ma’am were dating for like 6 months before she introduced me to him… which is really, really odd for us and our relationship – not how we normally do things. That’s been very difficult for me… but it’s getting better.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept this year?
I need to buy a new pair of rubber shorts since Tebow destroyed mine on our first encounter. :P
34. What kept you sane?
Woof! Arf. Arf. Grrrrr… *panting*
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Lizzy Hale. She looks like she could throw a good punch. *drools*
Marriage equality. We had a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage in my state… but, for the first time, the President came out in favor of it, and it was great to see marriage equality win by popular vote in 4 states.
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you got to know?
Getting to know Loki better and meeting Tebow! *Wags*
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012:
In 2010 I wrote, “In 2011 I want to be less involved in the ‘politics’ of kink,” and then in 2011 I ended up right back on the CAPEX Board again… so that didn’t happen! (However, I will say that 2011 was a good year on the board – largely free of any stress or drama.) I was on the Board in 07 and 08, Ma’am was on in 09, then I was back on in 10 (briefly) and 11… but in 2012 I finally managed to keep out of group politics! Much more significant than that, however, was venturing into a new territory, joining Loki’s pack, discovering new folks and fresh energy which really helped revitalize and re-center me.